Pre-registration is required for all classes. Classes depend on room availability and on student registrations. When there are sufficient sign-ups in a class, you will receive a confirmation letter one week or more prior to the start of the class. If sign-ups are insufficient to begin a class, we will keep the registration period open.
You may register at the Net Zero Plus Electrical Training Institute or you may complete and print a registration form by clicking HERE and register by mail. The required deposit is due at the time of registration, whether you register by mail or on site at the NZP ETI.
6023 S. Garfield Avenue
City of Commerce, CA
The deposits reflect the cost of books required for the class. This has become necessary because of the amount of students collecting books and dropping out of classes within the first 2 or 3 weeks. All classes require 80% attendance and DEPOSITS will only be refunded upon successful completion.
Refer to the class schedule to look up the required fee(s) for the class(es) you would like to register. Deposits may be by credit card, check, money order or cashier’s check. NO CASH. Make checks payable to ELECTRICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE.
Mail or hand deliver the registration form along with your deposit to the address below:
Net Zero Plus Electrical Training Institute
6023 S. Garfield Avenue
City of Commerce, CA 90040
Saturday Classes – Start at 6:30 or 7:00 am depending on the class
Evening Classes – Start promptly at 5:00 pm
- Paid-up dues receipt.
- Attendance in the continuing education program, provided by the Electrical Training Institute of Southern California, is available to those individuals who are currently members in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union #11 or employees of Contractor Organizations signatory to the working agreements of IBEW, Local Union #11, dependent upon conditions of eligibility.
Attendance eligibility for certain courses is further restricted by the individual classification of the applicant.
- The following is a list of groups who are eligible to enroll in Journey-level classes at the ETI in the order of placement priority in each class:
- Local 11 IBEW members in good standing who have contributed to the ETI Trust Fund 100 or more hours for 3 of the previous 6 months will have priority access to all Journeyman Classes. A refundable class deposit will be required for each class.
- The next priority group is Local 11 IBEW members in good standing who do not meet the above ETI Trust Fund contribution requirement. A non-refundable full class fee payment will be required.
- The next priority group is Local 11 apprentices authorized by the ETI staff to enroll in Journeyman classes. A deposit or fee payment will NOT be required.
- The next priority group is fully-assented Contractors signatory to Local Union 11 and contributing 100 or more hours for 3 of the previous 6 months to the ETI trust fund may send one non-member for every 10 CBA employees working for the firm, up to a maximum of 3 per contractor. A non-refundable full class payment will be required.
- The next priority groups are IBEW members of a local union other than Local 11 who have contributed to the ETI Trust Fund as outlined above. A non-refundable full class payment will be required.
- The next priority group is non-local 11 IBEW members who have NOT contributed to the ETI Trust Fund as outlined above. A non-refundable full class payment will be required.
The NZP ETI reserves to make changes or exceptions as deemed appropriate.